August 26, 2019, starts at 9:00 a.m.
Santa Clara Superior Court, Hall of Justice – Department 32
191 N. First Street, San Jose CA 95113
• A hearing is scheduled for public comment on the release of Sexually Violent Predator, Dariel Morrise Shazier, into Sacramento County. A Santa Clara judge will consider placing Shazier in Del Paso Heights, Sacramento CA 95838.
• Dariel Morrise Shazier has NO TIES to Sacramento.
• Dariel Morrise Shazier was convicted in Santa Clara County in 1989 and 1994 in multiple cases of:
– Sodomy of a Person Under 14 by Force
– Annoy/Molest a Child
– Sexual Battery
– Sodomy of a Drugged Victim (Under 18)
– Oral Copulation of a Drugged Victim (Under 18)
• After serving his 17-year sentence, a jury determined him to be a Sexually Violent Predator under the Welfare and Institutions Code §6604.
• If approved, Shazier would live in the City of Sacramento at an address in Del Paso Heights. He would be monitored for one year, and then eligible for full release from supervision to live unmonitored in the community.
CALL TO ACTION
Members of the community can do the following to express their thoughts and concerns regarding the placement of this Sexually Violent Predator.
(click here for ideas to help with your comments to the judge)
1)Tell the Santa Clara Judge Why You Object, Either in Person or By Phone. If you would like to address the court by either method, you must notify our office by email at SVPShazier@sacda.org to schedule a time.
Attend the Placement Hearing in Santa Clara:
When: August 26, 2019, starts at 9:00 am
Where: Santa Clara County Superior Court, Courtroom 32, 191 N. First Street, San Jose CA 95113
When: August 26, 2019
Where: Greater Sacramento Urban League, 3725 Marysville Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95838