- Helping Victims
- Community Relations
- Early Prison Releases
- Police Use of Force
Helping Victims/ Victim Witness
Victim Witness Assistance Program
The District Attorney's Office Victim Witness Assistance Program is dedicated to providing services to victims.
Many victims of crime may suffer physical, emotional, or financial harm. Others may face retaliation, intimidation, or may be confused by the criminal justice system. Assistance is available from the Victim Witness program staff. Trained and experienced advocates provide crisis counseling, orientation to the criminal justice system, community referrals, assistance with applying for victim compensation, a support group for family members of homicide victims, and many other services. Assistance and information is available in several different languages. Special assistance is available to victims of elder abuse and dependent adult abuse.
- Victim and Witness Services
- Homicide Support Network - Newsletters
- "Reggie" the Comfort Dog
- Other Services - including services for elder abuse, domestic violence, hate crimes, and homicide
- Victims' Rights
- Video - “Victims of Violence: A Guide to Help Bring Justice"
- Victim FAQs / Witness FAQs
- Resources - including community and statewide resources
Click here for brochure of Victim Witness Assistance Program - also in:
- Cantonese: 受害者權利法案
- Hmong: COV NEEG RAUG UA PHEM COV CAI NPLUA NYIAJ
- Russian: ЗАКОН О ПРАВАХ ПОТЕРПЕВШИХ
- Spanish: DECLARACIÓN DE DERECHOS DE LAS VÍCTIMAS
- Vietnamese: LUẬT VỀ CÁC QUYỀN CỦA NẠN NHÂN
Click here for brochure on Witness Guide to Court Proceedings.
For inquiries regarding victim restitution, please email email@example.com.
Information about Victim Compensation Program Records
SUBPOENAS FOR VICTIM COMPENSATION PROGRAM RECORDS
The District Attorney’s Office is not the Custodian of Records for any records or materials that are part of a victim compensation claim. All subpoenas for any and all California Victim Compensation Program records must be personally served on the California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board, Attn: Legal Office at 400 “R” Street, Suite 500, Sacramento, CA 95811.