FAQs / Consumer FAQs

Consumer FAQs

Whom can I talk to about a consumer-related problem?
Please contact the Consumer Protection Unit at 916.874.6218. More information about the unit, resources, and consumer tips are available here.
I think I may be the victim of Real Estate Fraud; what services are available to me?
More information on real estate fraud, services available to victims, resources, and reporting forms are available here. Call 916.874.9045 for more information.
How do I verify if a business is operating legitimately or if it has been the subject of complaints?
The Better Business Bureau provides information about businesses and consumer complaints.
I think I’ve been cheated by a contractor/ tradesman/ shopkeeper, or other person who provides labor or services. Can the District Attorney’s Office help me?
Contact our Consumer Unit at 916-874-6174 or daoffice@sacda.org. You can also fill out a Report Consumer Fraud.
Does your office offer any assistance in Small Claims matters?
Click here for legal remedies that you can take in resolving disputes with individuals or businesses.
My business was the victim of a non-sufficient funds (NSF) bad check. What can I do?
Report the crime to the law enforcement agency where the crime occurred. The DA’s Office no longer investigates non-sufficient funds checks.


DA´s Office Reception 916.874.6218
DA´s Victim/Witness 916.874.5701
DA´s Domestic Violence 916.874.6171
Sacramento Sheriff 916.874.5115
Sacramento Police 916.264.5471
Citrus Heights Police 916.727.5500
Elk Grove Police 916.714.5115
Folsom Police 916.355.7234
Galt Police 209.366.7000
Rancho Cordova Police 916.875.9600
Community Resources

Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved by Sacramento District Attorney's Office.
California Relay Service 800.735.2929 TDD | Alternate Formats & Accessibility Policy | Privacy Policy | Conditions of Use