We also work with victims and witnesses in obtaining criminal protective orders after a criminal case has been filed. If a case is presented and filed, the assigned prosecutor can request a criminal protective order in court. You may call our Victim Witness Unit at (916) 874-6218 to determine if either of these orders may be appropriate in your matter.