Yes. According to the law, once an SVP has successfully served one year on conditional release, he or she may petition the court for unconditional release. If such a petition is filed with the court, a hearing is held, evidence is presented, witnesses are called and a determination is made as to whether the SVP may be unconditionally released without supervision.