Victim/Witness Assistance Program
The District Attorney's Office Victim/Witness Assistance Program is dedicated to providing services to victims.
Many victims of crime may suffer physical, emotional, or financial harm. Others may face retaliation, intimidation, or may be confused by the criminal justice system. Assistance is available from the Victim/Witness program staff. Trained and experienced advocates provide crisis counseling, orientation to the criminal justice system, community referrals, assistance with applying for victim compensation, a support group for family members of homicide victims, and many other services. Assistance and information is available in several different languages. Special assistance is available to victims of elder abuse and dependent adult abuse.
Click here for brochure of Victim Witness Assistance Program.
- Victim and Witness Services
- Homicide Support Network (newsletters)
- "Reggie" the Comfort Dog
- Other Services - including services for elder abuse, domestic violence, hate crimes, and homicide
- Victims' Rights
- Video - “Victims of Violence: A Guide to Help Bring Justice"
- Resources - including community and statewide resources
Contact901 G Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(p) 916.874.5701 (f) 321.2205 Information about Victim Compensation Program Records