- Citizens Academy
- Collaborative Courts
- Diversity Reception
- Moment of Impact
- Multi-Cultural Council
- National Night Out
- Outstanding Citizen Awards
- Partners Against Chronic Truancy
- Public Safety Breakfast
- Youth Academy
Applications for Citizens Academy
Please complete and return the following forms. You may fill the forms out online, but they must be printed and either mailed or faxed to 901 G Street, Sacramento CA 95814 or fax 916.321.2201 ATTN: Cecile Velasco.
1. Citizens Academy Application Form (complete all 3 pages and EVERY question unless “optional” and mail or fax)
2. Ride-Along Form (Optional) - Choose ONE of the following two forms (front and back of the form). First read the police orientation form here:
- Police Ride-Along Program Application (if you live or work in the city of Sacramento), OR
Sheriff Ride-Along Program Application (if you live or work in the county of Sacramento)
The deadline for applying is end-of-day March 27, 2015. Return the completed application and Ride-Along form if applicable by mail, personal delivery or fax to:
Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office
Attn: Cecile Velasco
901 G Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Please answer every question unless specified as optional. Incomplete applications may result in a delay or rejection of your application. The deadline for submitting applications will not be waived.
Notification of Acceptance
You will be notified by mail and email (if you provide an email address) of your acceptance to the Academy. You will also receive information about your Ride-Along at that time. In the event we are unable to offer you a space at this time, we will notify you by mail. The Academy begins April 7, 2015.
The Citizens Academy is an accelerated program with a full agenda each class session. Missing more than two classes will result in a significant gap in the education process. Participants absent more than two days will not receive a graduation certificate.